| Current CBA – 2018 – 2022|
Fiscal Emergency MOA (Ratified April 6, 2021) – modifies certain provisions of the CBA including layoff protections through January 2022, a deferral of contractual raises, and a shared work program.
Other Current Agreements
- MOA (2021 Health Benefits MOA)
Related: Article 15 (Health Benefits)
- MOA (Protection of Minors Policy)
Related: Rutgers POM Website | Policy 30.1.9
- MOA (Institutional Planning and Operations)
Related: Articles 8, 16 & 28 | Policy 60.3.14
- MOU (Rutgers Ethics Program)
Related: Rutgers Ethics Website | Policy 60.3.2
- Settlement Agreement (Union is Equal to Employer)
Related: Article 14 (Grievance Procedure)
- Side Letter Agreement (Sick Leave for a Sick Child)
Related: Article 44 (Sick Leave)
- Side Letter Agreement (Vacation) – See current CBA.
- The collective bargaining agreement (CBA) is the primary union contract that spells out the terms and conditions of employment for every person who works a URA-AFT job. Sometimes the CBA is also referred to as a collective negotiations agreement (CNA).
- A memorandum of agreement (MOA) or memorandum of understanding (MOU) is a general term used for almost any agreement. It can be used to resolve a dispute or potential dispute. It can also be used to set new working conditions not already covered by the CBA. For example, the union may negotiate over a new policy being considered by the University.
- Predecessor agreement – an earlier version of the CBA that is now archived/expired. Much of the language of the predecessor agreement continues to appear in the successor and some might be removed completely or modified.
- Ratification is the process outlined in our constitution for member voting on a tentative agreement. Only signed dues-paying members have a vote.
- A settlement agreement typically resolves a dispute between the union and management. For example, the union may interpret the CBA language differently than the University or file a grievance over the University’s failure to follow the CBA.
- A side letter agreement is usually closely associated with language already contained in the CBA and often provides clarifications or modifications of existing CBA language.
- Successor agreement – the CBA that comes after an earlier version. It completely replaces the predecessor agreement once it is ratified. An expired predecessor agreement automatically remains in effect until ratification of the successor.
- A tentative agreement is a document negotiated jointly by the union’s bargaining team and management’s bargaining team. It does not take effect unless it is ratified by the union’s members.
- URA-AFT Contract (CBA) – 2014-2018
- URA-AFT Contract (CBA) – 2011 to 2014
- URA-AFT Contract (CBA) – 2007 to 2011
- 12-Month to 10 Month Agreement – See “Article 11” in current CBA.
- County Floating Holiday Agreement – See “Article 16 – Holidays” in current CBA
- Settlement Agreement (Sick Time for Planned Appointments) – See “Article 44 – Sick Leave” in current CBA.
- MOA (Bloustein School Telecommuting) – See “Article 59 – Telecommuting” in current CBA.