Our union is negotiating for these critical bargaining demands:
- Raises and longevity pay;
- Telework with fairness for non-remote staff;
- Reduce employee’s portion of health insurance premiums; and,
- Well-defined career paths for staff.
A Union escalation plan guides members in putting pressure on the employer to secure a fair, negotiated contract.
Actions are taken on a schedule that escalates pressure on management in various ways to express that we deserve a fair contract and to show what we are worth.
Our contract campaign is based on the following principles:
- Majority Membership Decision-making that leads to actions performed by a largerand larger number of members.
- Concerted Action for Healthy Boundaries: adhering to work-to-rule by doing the jobs we are paid for, and no more:
o No additional responsibilities without additional compensation; o Arriving on-time, but not early;
o Taking a full lunch break away from the desk;
o Leaving on-time, but not late.
- Workplace Actions: visibility and protest actions that carry our message to management and the public. We will build greater member participation and commitment until we approve a fair contract.
- Staff-centered Timeline and Tactics which respect our labor coalition partners.
Goals and Principles approved February 13, 2023 General Membership Meeting